[RP] new oo.org troubles

From: twb
Subject: [RP] new oo.org troubles
Date: Thu Nov 20 20:31:30 2003

I now have OO.org 1.1.  They've changed their sub-window[0] model from
ICCCM-mandated

  Everything is a child of the top-level window; managed by the application.

to the increasingly popular

  [0]'s are all top-level (transient) windows, and they request size
  and position.

Which is all well and good, only they're *REQUESTS*.  When RP ignores it and
places the popup at SW, one has to drag the mouse from one end of the screen to
the other.

It reminds me of those bloody javascript popup menus in certain web pages
(e.g. bigpond.com), which have the same problem.

Bloody rat-freaks...

Can we add to RP capability to service the position requests of such transients.
I feel like OOo is holding my WM hostage, it'd be preferable to only do it when
absolutely necessary, like the :unmanage command.  :unsane, maybe?

They also don't die on unfocus anymore, but maybe I can make a nawm(1)
script for that.

-trent

[0]e.g. the drawer-type windows for the menu on the left.

--
I'll just stick to my  dream world where computers simply crunch data,
and occasionally even crunch it correctly, thankyouverymuch.