[RP] %s in aliases

From: Benno
Subject: [RP] %s in aliases
Date: Sat Nov 22 23:46:07 2003

I recently upgraded to latest CVS and my .ratpoisonrc broke.

Specifically I had a line:

alias echo_exec exec ratpoison -c "echo `%s`"

Now I'm not sure if this would have ever worked in any released
ratpoison or I had hacked my copy so it would work. In either
case can I propose a patch so that if an alias string has a
%s in it, it will use printf to put any arguments where the %s
was. If it doesn't contain a %s it will do the current behaviour.

Thanks,

Benno