[RP] ANSI escape sequences

From: Benno
Subject: [RP] ANSI escape sequences
Date: Sun Nov 23 00:53:07 2003

A long time ago now I posted a message about adding support for ANSI
escape sequences in the ratpoison bar. Attached is a patch against
current CVS. IMO this simplifies the bar code, simplifies a lot of
printing elswhere (there are a lot of calls to marked_message_printf,
which just take 0, 0 as the first parameters), and provides a more
generic output mechanism.

I find it useful when I do ':exec ratpoison -c "echo `ls --color`"'.
Also useful for scripts I have that use the bar to pop-up an alert,
which is more attention grabbing when it is in colour.

Benno