Re: [RP] ANSI escape sequences

From: Joshua Neuheisel
Subject: Re: [RP] ANSI escape sequences
Date: Mon Nov 24 04:56:09 2003

> > What do other people think about this patch?
>
> The imminent danger is that the rp bar is gradually becoming an
> xterm. The radical alternative would be to rip it out entirely (or
> allow not to compile it in) and delegate its function to external
> commandline/terminal control...

I usually try to keep quiet about 'social' aspects of RP since I feel user's
preferences are going to vary widely.  Different things will work for
different people.  Most RP hackers would probably be shocked to learn I
don't have emacs installed on my system, and I almost never use screen.  I
would like to say two things though:
1. I think that the ANSI color patch is far less dramatic than the readline
history support that has been added recently, and
2. It might not be bad to delegate RP messages to an xterm or the usual bar,
at the user's preference.  Again, different things work well for different
people and constructive choice is good.

Joshua