[RP] cmd_print

From: twb
Subject: [RP] cmd_print
Date: Sun Nov 23 04:37:07 2003

I have added a colon-command I've wanted for a long time.  I guess
people using :alias wont care.

!IMPORTANT! Unfortunately, I had to turn of result-gobbling in
cmd_colon, and cmd_print returns non-null even when interactive.  I'm
not sure why it gobbles in the first place; everything except
cmd_print returns NULL anyway.

Using gdialog or it's fellows to provide a simple ``input buffer''
sucks.

Type `ratpoison -c colon\ print\ ` will allow you to pipe RP's
minibuffer directly to stdout.  This is MUCH faster than e.g. gdialog
when the disk I/O bus if full.  This is because the RP binary stays
buffered because I'm always using things like `ratpoison -c split`.

Here's one example, for the 'moosic' jukebox program:

        OUTFILE=/tmp/moosic_$(whoami)_$(date -Iseconds);
        A=`ratpoison -c colon\ print\ `
        moosic list > $OUTFILE.;
        OUTTWO="$OUTFILE.";
        for i in $A;
          do grep -i $i $OUTTWO > $OUTTWO.;
          OUTTWO=$OUTTWO.;
        done;
        if (zenity --list --column=Title > $OUTFILE < $OUTTWO);
            then TARGET=$(sed 's/.\([0-9]\+\).\+/\1/' $OUTFILE);
            moosic move "${TARGET}:`moosic length`" 0;
            moosic next;
        fi;
        rm -f ${OUTFILE}*

-trent

--
<JRichman>Easy only equals better for crack addicts and web developers.