[RP] RATPOISON_DEBUG

From: twb
Subject: [RP] RATPOISON_DEBUG
Date: Tue Apr 13 09:22:03 2004

Once in a while, as an intellectual exercise (and to remind me why I
love RP so much), I try to compile Rayvtugrazrag 0.17 from CVS.

While trying to resolve a dependency, I noticed this (paraphrased):

Our debug macro:
        #define xdebug(fmt)  do { printf fmt; fflush(stdout); } while(0)

Their debug macro:
        #define xdebug(fmt, args...) do { printf(fmt, ## args; fflush(stdout);
} while(0)

Which allows you to use xdebug("oh no"); instead of xdebug(("oh no"));
giving shorter and logicaler code.

Are there portability issues with this, or is it just so esoteric that
nobody thought of it yet?

-trent

--
I'd miss the BBC, but not if I had time to reload.  -- Terry Pratchett