Re: [RP] RATPOISON_DEBUG

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [RP] RATPOISON_DEBUG
Date: Wed Apr 14 01:07:02 2004

* twb <address@hidden> [040413 18:36]:
> Once in a while, as an intellectual exercise (and to remind me why I
> love RP so much), I try to compile Rayvtugrazrag 0.17 from CVS.
>
> While trying to resolve a dependency, I noticed this (paraphrased):
>
> Our debug macro:
>       #define xdebug(fmt)  do { printf fmt; fflush(stdout); } while(0)
>
> Their debug macro:
>       #define xdebug(fmt, args...) do { printf(fmt, ## args; fflush(stdout);
> } while(0)

I think this is even dangerous if only using different versions of gcc.
To avoid problems with some versions (I do not remember which), it
should be "printf(fmt , ##", as ## sometimes is not specific to comata,
but deletes the whole last token, if the following list is empty.

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link