Re: [RP] Change prefix key to modifier

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] Change prefix key to modifier
Date: Tue Apr 20 06:27:02 2004

Here's another bug, though possibly its an OS X-specific one. My
laptop ran out of juice over night, so I had to restart it for the
first time in like five months.  No problem there -- but when I
restarted X, the only non-shifted keysyms that would print were `u',
`p', `y', and `-'; upper case all printed fine, and numbers too.

Hadn't seen anything like this before.  I commented out all of my
`definekey' stuff w/ emacs running under a terminal, restarted, and
voila here I am writing you an email.

Another suspicious thing: the lower case characters that *would*
print were exactly the ones that were not bound by definekey
(actually as you recall it was the Alt'ed versions of the other keys
were what was bound).

Un-commenting and re-sourceing my .ratpoisonrc (with X running) did
not seem to present any problems.

Joe