Re: [RP] Sending of any key in top keymap

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Sending of any key in top keymap
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:44:01 +0100

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 03:34:18PM -0600, Joe Corneli wrote:
> I'm finding that
>
>   :keypress a
>
> crashes RP.
>
> :(

That's bad!!!

Unfortunately I can't reproduce it. :(

Anyone else having success/fail stories?

> Also these warnings:
>
> actions.c: In function `cmd_keypress':
> actions.c:1027: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
> truth value
> actions.c:1014: warning: `key' might be used uninitialized in this
> function

Adding a couple of parantheses on line 1027 removes the warning. I'll do
that next time I release patch.

The second one seems bogus to me. It is supposed to get initialized in
the funcition call where it's used. What's the proper thing to do here?
Ignore the warning or wasteing cpu cycles giving key a never used value
prior to calling the function parse_keydesc() ?
--
/Martin