Re: [RP] Using q as ratpoison escape character disables <ctrl+q> (<ctrl+

From: Thibault Hild
Subject: Re: [RP] Using q as ratpoison escape character disables <ctrl+q> (<ctrl+q>+q)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:37:00 +0200

This does work. I tried it with C-q q and everything works as it is supposed to.

The man page of xterm says about "allowSendEvents":

Specifies whether or not synthetic key and button events (generated using the X protocol SendEvent request) should be interpreted or discarded. The default is ``false'' meaning they are discarded. Note that allowing such events creates a very large security hole. The default is ``false.''

I understand now why it works better but what kind of security hole is it ?

Cameron Patrick a écrit :

Does "C-t t" work?  It may that you need to configure your xterm to
allow SendEvents, e.g. by something like the following
   xterm*allowSendEvents: true

in your .Xresources.

Cameron.