Re: [RP] is this against the philosophy?

From: FEJF
Subject: Re: [RP] is this against the philosophy?
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 05:52:30 +0100

Aaron Griffin, on Sunday, 5. February 2006 05:40 wrote:
> Hmm, I recall using your patches, but I couldn't get manualtransient
> to work the way I wanted... could you provide a usage pattern so I can
> retry it and see if I'm just doing something retarted?

What exactly do you mean? Manual resizing of windows? i didn't implement that
because i didn't need it. but windows are able to resize themself to the size
they request and are still handled by ratpoison.

> Still, it's irritating to have to split and resize like that for a
> quick gimp-ing job.
> I guess I could probably save a frameset and restore it when I start the
Gimp.

That should do the job - i suggest an alias like:

alias gimp 'ratpoison -c "hsplit 300" -c "fselect 1" -c "exec /usr/bin/gimp"
&& sleep 5 && ratpoison -c "fselect 0"'

fejf

--
Stewie: HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh! Excluding that first "ha".