Re: [RP] limewire/frostwire

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] limewire/frostwire
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:21:54 -0800

"Nazri Ramliy" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/12/07, ranga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Doug Kearns said:
>> >
>> > I forgot to mention that it runs OK in Java 1.4 but running it with
>> > 1.[56] causes the problem you mention.
>>
>> ah ok, thanks for the information. i'll try to check with some java folks.
>>

> My ratpoison usage is on a hiatus because of this issue.  I switched to twm.
>
> If anyone knows of a way to make java (1.[56]) GUI program behaves in
> ratpoison then please let me know.
>
> I can't wait to get back to using ratpoison.

I don't have java 1.5 installed so I can't test this but here's
something you could do to help figure out the problem:

compile ratpoison from CVS with debugger output on:

./configure --enable-debug
etc

When starting ratpoison pipe the output to a file. Then boot up
limewire and let it run for a bit. Then kill it and send me the
log. What's probably best is to stick it on a webserver somewhere and
send a link to it to the mailing list. My email provider's spam filter
is on the fritz and I'd probably lose an email sent only to me.

-Shawn