[RP] Script Won't Run From Ratpoisonrc

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: [RP] Script Won't Run From Ratpoisonrc
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:41:20 -0800

At the end of my ~/.ratpoisonrc, I have these lines:

exec rpws -i
exec rpws -b

exec rpws-screen.sh

------------------------

rpws-screen.sh has the same permissions and ownership and
is in the same directory in my PATH as rpws

If I run it manually after RP is up and running, there is no
problem.

What's going on? It doesn't seem to run at all.

The script sets up a screen-like bar (in a one-line deep frame) running the
time and listing
the output of ratpoison -c windows. Border is set to 0 and the bar has a brown
backgroupnd and
white characters.

##!/bin/sh
#
#rp=/usr/local/bin/ratpoison
#
#RP_call ()
#{
#    $rp -c "$*"
#}
#
#
## set up the screen bar
#
#RP_call select 1
#RP_call split 750
#RP_call shrink
#
#RP_call focusdown
#
#RP_call select 0
#
#RP_call focusup
#
#RP_call select 5
#
#exit 0

(I don't want anything as fancy as ratbar.)

Thanks,

Tom