Re: [RP] Strange xmodmap problem

From: Martin d'Anjou
Subject: Re: [RP] Strange xmodmap problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:51:13 -0500 (EST)

1. I've remapped my Caps_Lock to Escape using xmodmap
and it seems to work, but it's actually locking the
caps and sending an escape key.  I get into the
spiraling process of the hitting caps lock twice.  Any
suggestions?

My .Xmodmap looks like this, and it maps capslock to control, which is easier on the fingers for rp/gnu screen/vim for C-t/C-a/C-w and such.

!
! Swap Caps_Lock and Control_L
!
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
keysym Control_L = Control_L
add Control = Control_L
add Control = Caps_Lock

As for the rest of your post I do not know.

Martin