Re: [RP] ratpoison, feh, MWM hints

From: Lich 0x2B
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison, feh, MWM hints
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:52:07 +0200

`feh -F` work just fine here (with Ratpoison of course). Your issue must be somewhere else.

2010/2/28 Taylan Bayırlı <address@hidden>
ratpoison v1.4.5
feh (image viewer) v1.3.4

When i `feh --full-screen` an image, i get:
"feh WARNING: Window Manager does not support MWM hints. To get a
borderless window I have to bypass your wm."

feh actually does display the image (i see the warning later in the
terminal), but the main issue is that all feh keybindings get disabled
(can quit via ^C).

Less importantly, when i switch to another window and back, the image
display disappears, (leaving me at the promptless command-line).
The image also always appears when i `ratpoison -c "select -"`.

The funniest part:
When i run a movie in MPlayer and quit, this issue magically gets
fixed for the rest of the X session (even if i `ratpoison -c
"restart"`).
I think there were other programs having this effect.