Re: [RP] ratpoison, feh, MWM hints

From: Taylan Ulrich B.
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison, feh, MWM hints
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:33:11 +0200

Updates...

feh 1.4 is out and nothing changed.

As the warning message actually makes it obvious, it's about borders
and not full-screen; `feh --borderless` gives the same warning.

`xloadimage -fullscreen` gives no error but the `-border <color>`
option (what it really does is to set the bg color) does not do
anything (bg is always white).
It DOES take effect when i use `-onroot` though. ('root' is what you
see after hiding a frame via `ratpoison -c 'select -'`.)
I don't know if the above actually has any relevancy at all, but as
`-onroot` implies not using the WM, i thought it might have, so could
someone please try `xloadimage -fullscreen -border <color>` and tell
me if it works?

On 3/2/10, Lich 0x2B <address@hidden> wrote:
> ArchLinux here too. Nothing related to how `feh` would react in my
> ratpoisonrc, that's why this sounds so weird. Did you try compiling the
> latest RP git pullout?

I'm not fond of compilations (due to inexperience), but i'll probably
try that next.