Re: [RP] Putting all the ratpoison scripts in github.

From: ratpoison-devel
Subject: Re: [RP] Putting all the ratpoison scripts in github.
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:08:46 -0400

  Hmm.  I didn't really know there was an issue with using closed source
websites to host files, as long as the files themselves stayed open
licensed and it was easy enough to make backups (or as with git, you
constantly incidentally make backups) to recover when the inevitable
happens and the company running the site folds.

  I only used github because I'm a git naif and it seemed popular.  I'll
try putting everything at nongnu.org, if for no other reason, at least
for consistency with the ratpoison source.

  But if it takes too many brain cells to figure out, I'm going to have
to dump it on github anyway and wait for someone savvier to move them to
savannah.

 Sincerely yours,
   John B.