[RP] github vs. savannah vs. gitorious

From: ratpoison-devel
Subject: [RP] github vs. savannah vs. gitorious
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 15:25:16 -0400

Dear All,

  I'd like to host each individual script at

http://ratpoison.wxcvbn.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Scripts

as it's own git repo for ease of cloning.

- Savannah requires me to fill out a form and ask for permission to have
  each script hosted.
  - I don't want to do that 42 times.

- Gitorious seems to cost money unless I use the gitorious software to
  run a repo on my home computer.  I don't own any machines with enough
  uptime to dependably host software.

  So for now, I'll throw them all up on github as individual repositories.

  If anybody thinks of a better way to host them, I've got no problem
changing the origin from github to whatever server you find.

 Sincerely yours,
   John B.
--
I've received dozens of emails from people saying I
spelled "homepage" wrong on my Contra 3 page when I