Re: [RP] select patch

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [RP] select patch
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 16:09:25 +0200

Looking at the code I realized some things (independent of the patch):

- the only other user of find_window_name is the arg_WINDOW handling.
  I cannot find anything using that.
  Perhaps it makes sense to either make select using that (which likely
  means also telling the arg parsing code that arg_WINDOW is an
  arg_REST/arg_COMMAND/arg_SELLCMD/arg_RAW like argument consuming all
  remaining arguments) or just to remove the whole dead
  read_window/arg_WINDOW code. (which would also make the patch much
  easier, as it could just change the function instead of duplicating it).

- find_window_name defines an exact match to be case-sensitive and
  matching the full string, while in inexact match is case-insensitive
  and a prefix. I wonder if it makes sense to split that and looking
  for cense-sensitive prefixes first and only then case-insensive
  matches.

        Bernhard R. Link
--
F8AC 04D5 0B9B 064B 3383  C3DA AFFC 96D1 151D FFDC