[RP] Ratpoison losing input focus after fullscreen

From: Thomas Kreuzer
Subject: [RP] Ratpoison losing input focus after fullscreen
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:23:22 +0100

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding ratpoison and its input focus policy.
When I use a program in fullscreen mode ratpoison loses keyboard control and I am unable to do anything at all.

I.e. if I run ratpoison with KODI (formerly XBMC) I can't use my keyboard at all in KODI (since v14 KODI only gets keyboard events when focused, it used to work before).

If I run retroarch in fullscreen mode, I can use my keyboard, but after I quit it, ratpoison is rendered unusable because now raptpoison seems to have lost focus, and doesn't take any keyboard events anymore.

I think ratpoison does not retake the application focus from X, and my question is: Is this a bug or a feature? :D

regards,
Thomas