Re: [RP] Segfault and faulty focus (related regressions after v1.4.8)

From: Antoine Busque
Subject: Re: [RP] Segfault and faulty focus (related regressions after v1.4.8)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:08:35 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:01 PM Axel Svensson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have found 3 regressions in ratpoison. They seem somewhat related.
>
> Regression 1: Segfault at startup.
>
> Regression 2: Faulty :focusup and :focusdown
>
> Regression 3: Faulty :focusright

Hi Axel,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reproduction steps, it's really helpful.

This is the first time I hear of that segfault issue, so I'm afraid I
can't help there without investigating further myself.

As for the other two regressions, they also exist when ratpoison is
configured with xrandr enabled. In fact, I posted a patch to this
mailing list several months ago (a year and a half ago actually now
that I'm checking the dates, time flies!), but we never got around to
merging it.

You can find the patch in the ratpoison-devel archives [0] or on my
copy of the ratpoison repository on github, in the fix-focus branch
[1].

Let me know if that helps with your issue. If so I can try to get
those changes merged into master, assuming Jérémie approves.

[0] https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/ratpoison-devel/2018-02/msg00000.html
[1] https://github.com/abusque/ratpoison/tree/fix-focus