Re: [RP] Segfault and faulty focus

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Segfault and faulty focus
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 00:24:29 +0200

Axel Svensson @ 2019-07-15 (Monday), 18:01 (+0200)
I have found 3 regressions in ratpoison. They seem somewhat related.

Interesting... Would you be able to run that reproducable seg. fault though gdb and generate a stack trace of the crash?

Given the complexity there is the risk that it might be hard for someone else to reproduce it. So since you have an environment where you can trigger the regression, maybe that's the best place to attempt hunting down what's causing it?

I'd be happy to assist with how to use a gdb if you're new to that area. Possibly it might be easiest starting ratpoison through gdbserver in the Dockerfile, in order to be able to attach to the crashing process from outside the container.
--
/Martin