repo-criteria-discuss

Proprietary reCaptcha

From: Andrea G. Monaco
Subject: Proprietary reCaptcha
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 00:09:03 +0100

Hi Tomas,

I had the exact same issue as you.
My experience with gitlab.com was interrupted very early by a
proprietary reCaptcha during registration.

I don't know if that's the only proprietary Javascript on the site,
perhaps not, but I noticed that many websites feature reCaptcha,
sometimes as their only proprietary code.
Also, reCaptcha seems quite bad according to Wikipedia and is owned by
Google.

I wonder if someone knows a free library or script that implements
captcha so we can suggest it as a replacement.

Warmly,
Andrea Monaco