repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: S T
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 14:39:25 +1000

Hello,

I don't think FSF has the capacity to provide perfect accessibility for all GNU
software and conferences it runs. I believe they are willing to make
improvements in this direction, *infrastructure*-wise. As far as I know,
*content* - keynotes, transcripts, software, software documentation - is
provided by volunteers. I hope my understanding is correct. (This is how
Wikimedia Foundation does it. I presume it is also true for what FSF does. I
haven't seen it documented as an official policy.)

For example, I checked about Libreplanet, turns out that the videos subtitles
are written by volunteers here
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2020/Transcripts - and the
FSF wrote to me that they will consider improvements to the process to make it
easier to discover and to use, so that the transcription does not take so many
years.

If there is anything in GNU Savannah that causes it to lack accessibility,
please let someone know, as it is a piece of infrastructure hosted by FSF, and
improvements are possible.

Similarly, the page 'repo evaluation criteria' is written by volunteers to a
large extent. If you have a list of specific "awesome accessibility" points
that you think should be added as criteria, I expect that they would probably
be considered here.

Thanks,