reproduce-devel

[task #15674] ArXiv anc/ directory - publication checklist

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15674] ArXiv anc/ directory - publication checklist
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #15674 (project reproduce):

This is a very interesting idea! I didn't know about arXiv's 'anc/' directory!
I really like how your paper shows some of the files on the main page! We'll
implement this soon and hopefully for the second submission of this paper,
we'll also have it ;-).

I think it can be implemented with an option to the './project' script to be
called with the 'dist' target, maybe like this:

./project make dist --for-arxiv

When its called we can add a 'anc/' directory and put relevant things there.
But given the relatively large number of files that we have, it maybe easier
if we just put two symbolic links to the project's 'README.md',
'README-hacking.md' and maybe even plot data, like this one
<https://zenodo.org/record/3872248/files/tools-per-year.txt>. I feel that the
other files are too modular/many to be of interest individually (as available
in the right-side list on arXiv). What do you think?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15674>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/