reproduce-devel

[task #15674] ArXiv anc/ directory - publication checklist

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15674] ArXiv anc/ directory - publication checklist
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #15674 (project reproduce):

[comment #3 comment #3:]
> I wasn't familiar with latexpand! It looks so interesting and useful for
this purpose!

I thought I had already proposed a pull request for creating
_paper-full.pdf_ , but probably I forgot to. The key lines are

          && sed -e 's/\({http[^ ]*\)\(%\)/\1\\%/g' paper.bbl > paper.bbl.bak
\
          && latexpand --expand-bbl paper.bbl.bak $$p/paper.tex | \
            sed -e 's/\\bibliographystyle[^ }]*}//' > paper-full.tex

where the first _sed_ line is to for ADS URLs for Astronomy & Astrophysics,
that have _A%26A_ as the ampersand hexadecimal encoded in them, and the
`latexpand` line not only includes all
the _include_ and _input_ files, but also includes the .bbl file.

The third line, with _sed_ , should not affect the LaTeX processing,
but is intended to avoid confusing the human reader (bibtex/
biblatex/biber have no effect on the latexpand-ed file).

> One question: does arXiv also allow uploading ".tar.gz" files in the 'anc'
directory?

I don't know. It shouldn't be difficult to start uploading a
dummy paper to test this, without continuing to the _submit_
stage.

> If so, we can simply have three files in the 'anc' directory: 'README.md',
'README-hacking.md' and 'maneaged-XXXXXX.tar.gz' (or any other name! the name
'maneaged' just occurred to me! but the XXXXXX can be the GIt checksum).

> Also, since there are only three files in the 'anc' file, there won't be any
problem in terms of ordering and the viewers will always see all the files
;-).

> What do you think?

I think you're right :) - this seems like an elegant solution to me.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15674>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/