reproduce-devel

[task #15772] R (r-cran) packages in Maneage

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15772] R (r-cran) packages in Maneage
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 14:30:47 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #16, task #15772 (project reproduce):

Thanks a lot for the nice hack Boud! I am happy this problem was found early
and fixed :-). I have merged it into 'version-update'.

While doing some other tests, I also noticed that without python, ICU will
crash, so in the commit where I slightly edited your commit, I also added
Python as a prerequisite of ICU in 6fafc7453
<https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/commit/6fafc7453>.

About the citation, we promise to add the citation of all software that have
one ;-)!

Adding a citation to a package is very easy, just put the BibTeX text format
in the 'reproduce/software/bibtex/' directory (following one of the existing
ones; with a copyright for example), then in the build recipe, just add a
single line to copy this file in the proper place in the build directory. You
can look at the recipe for Gnuastro for example ;-).

Until we fix the full automation of software building, this is one extra step
that we have to do for each package we add. So it would be great if you can
have a fast look!

If its not written on explicitly (under a title/menu like "citation" or
"publications", or similar) on the first page of the software's webpage, you
don't have to search any more. Users of the software will likely know and will
inform us later to add as a bug (as the maintainers of we don't have infinite
time to predict and fix all bugs a-priori!).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15772>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/