reproduce-devel

[bug #61811] jinja2 and extension-helpers packages not found in Astropy

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #61811] jinja2 and extension-helpers packages not found in Astropy installation
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 05:33:07 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #61811 (project reproduce):

Indeed, a non-reproducible bug is the most annoying (showing that we still
haven't understood it!).

I tried repeating the 'pybuild' commands of 'packaging', 'jinja2' and
'extension-helpers' within their recipes to see if this problem can be fixed
with a repeat. But I found that a simple repeated build doesn't fix the
problem!

So its a dependency issue: in order for their presence to be recognized by the
problematic packages (for example 'pyerfa' depends on 'packaging'), some other
Python package needs to be present (which is present when the build finishes
once!).

That software X has to become a dependency of the three problematic packages
whose build is not recognized (be present before we build them).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61811>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/