[Savannah-hackers-public] Projects that mistakenly chose the Savannah "G

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Projects that mistakenly chose the Savannah "GNU" project type
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:46:01 +0200

Hello,

I wonder if we sometimes forward you Savannah project submission whose
author didn't really mean to make his project dubbed GNU. "GNU" (or
since I renamed it, "Official GNU Software") is the first and default
project type during registration (others include "non-GNU",
"www.gnu.org portion", "www.gnu.org translation team",
"GUG"). Moreover, we do not ask people whether they truly meant to
select the "GNU" type or if they simply didn't understand or didn't
actually chose a project type.

Do you receive a lot of erroneous requests to be GNU? Should we try to
make the project type selection clearer, or is the situation fine?

--
Sylvain