[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects that mistakenly chose the Savanna

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects that mistakenly chose the Savannah "GNU" project type
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:50:25 -0400

Hi Sylvain,

    It would be good to make the project type help text (very) short, with
    a link to a www.gnu.org page that discusses "becoming GNU" in detail,
    including what is mentioned in both the FAQ entry and the current
    explanation text.

I agree.

    I think it would be good indeed if we could point to an official
    location that can be updated by GNU Eval / the GNU webmasters if need

Yes.  I will work on making such a web page.

    A simpler solution would be that we directly send the user to
    questionnaire, telling them to send it to address@hidden

Were you thinking to email them the actual questionnaire, or give them a
link to a web page where they can get it?  Either way works, I guess.

In some ways I kind of prefer just giving them a link -- if they are not
motivated enough to follow a link and read a web page, there's little
point in expending evaluation time on them.  By sending them email, I
have the impression that some people get the idea that we're actively
pursuing them.

    Both solutions requires that we can access an up-to-date version of
    the questionnaire

I'll put the questionnaire on the web too.  Changes are quite
infrequent, FYI.

    That way it will require an action from the user to actually start
    the evaluation process.

I like it.

    Is there any advantage in setting up a CGI instead?

Not that I can think of.

Thanks!

karl