[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 10:55:19 -0400

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I am eventually working on merging our versions of log_accum and
> commit_prep with the ones at
> http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewcvs/ccvs/contrib/?root=cvs
>
> After some work to support our features, it occurs to me that the
> contrib/ scripts as-are cannot work. At least,

I think it should be able to.  It's possible that I ported a recent
feature or two without testing thoroughly, but it worked not very long
ago and I will be happy to help solve any remaining problems.

> - the code for the new CVS loginfo options pattern (%{sVv} instead of
>   %1{sVv}) does not support getting the current directory as the first
>   non-option argument - so log_accum never think it worked on the last
>   directory given by commit_prep, and never send mail.

This is not true.  The current directory is now available to all trigger
hooks via via the "%p" format string (reference:
<http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.13/cvs_18.html#SEC185>).  The
documentation simply moved to the common page about the trigger scripts
since %p is now one of the standard format strings interpreted by all
the trigger hooks.

> I've pretty much fixed those, but I wonder whether there is a point on
> working in your versions of log_accum/commit_prep if they are
> broken. Or maybe I totally missed something :)

I don't think it is broken, at least not badly.  If you wouldn't mind
sending me the patch you've already come up with, I'll be happy to apply
it and work out any other bugs I can find on this end before bouncing it
back to you.

> To quote you: "I am inclined to stick with the log_accum.pl that I
> already know mostly works."
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2005-10/msg00150.html

:)

Regards,