[Savannah-hackers-public] ORDER BY group_name first

From: nick alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] ORDER BY group_name first
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

It is not much, but I think this might make a major
improvement in the project search. This will
alphabetize the group_name column (Project) so that if
the exact search does not turn up, the user may have
an easier time finding what they are looking for.
In the file php/include/search/general.php line 405,
have:

$sql .= " AND $kw_sql ORDER BY
group_name,unix_group_name ";

instead of

$sql .= " AND $kw_sql ORDER BY
unix_group_name,group_name ";

I am also thinking about making an exact query incase
there is more than one result sort of like:

SELECT group_name,short_description,type FROM groups
WHERE group_name IN('WhatYouAreLookingFor');

This way if the user really knows what they are
looking for but does not remember the project page
they can just get the exact result in addition to the
similar results. My only problem is where would I put
that query inside the code.

Be a better friend, newshound, and