[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: project-list updates

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: project-list updates
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:20:48 +0100

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 07:35:15PM +0200, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I've got a couple of questions for which I couldn't find answers in
> infra/* nor to deduce them from the configs:
>
> 1. Is /srv/git/project-list updated automatically?
> There is a script infra/git/refresh-project-list.sh which updates it, but
> it doesn't seem to be launched from any crontab.
>
> 2. How is /srv/git/cgitrepos synchronized with /srv/git/project-list?
>
> Sorry for bothering you with this, but I am not sure whom to ask.

NP, though please contact the Savannah Hackers and not me alone :)

These are recent additions, I shamefully didn't document them:

a. /etc/cron.d/sv_vcs contains is the one that calls
   infra/git/refresh-project-list.sh:

  /usr/src/infra/git/refresh-project-list.sh && /usr/src/infra/git/sv_cgit.pl

b. It also calls sv_cgit.pl which currently get description partly
   from the database (for repo groups), partly from project-list (for
   repo owners), partly from *.git/description (for repo description).

   Hopefully at a point we'll have a way to manage multiple
   repositories per project in Savane, in which case all those files
   (project-list, cgitrepos, description) will be generated from the
   database.

--
Sylvain