Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah down for several hours December

From: peabo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah down for several hours December 18
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:58:14 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:43:13AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
>> The Xen host running the Savannah virtual machines failed this morning
>> due
>> to a RAID array failure.  We have removed the bad drive from the array
>> and
>> rebooted the machine.  The Savannah virtual machines are now back up,
>> with
>> one RAID array still resynchronizing.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Btw, any ETA for replacing the disks?
>
> --
> Sylvain

We removed the suspect disk from the arrays, but it crashed again with the
same symptoms (I/O related hung kernel tasks).  We are concerned that it
is a controller/motherboard problem.  I'm waiting on some email from Ward
to see what he thinks before issuing a definite plan.

One complication is that vcs-noshell's root filesystem is on a raid array
which is undergoing resynchronization.  It didn't finish in the interval
between the second crash and the third crash today and has started over.

peabo