Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #705563] m

From: Karl Berry via RT
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #705563] many messages missing from mail archives
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:03:15 -0400

    every spam that makes it through to a mailing list is
    expensive in terms of processing and archiving on lists,

1) Every real message that does not make it through is far, far, far
more expensive in terms of lost work.

2) Little spam gets through to the *recipients* of mailing lists,
for years now, because listhelper and/or humans delete it.

    Karl, you said you think thousands of messages are missing; can you
    tell us how you came to that conclusion?

I gave the google search url (and disclaimers) in my original message.
Just searching for "message not available" in threads.html on
lists.gnu.org.

    The obvious place to start looking for false positives would be in
    /spam/ on lists,

I will look.  Thanks.