Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] rsync process load on vcs

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] rsync process load on vcs
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:42:21 +0000

Hello,

On 09/02/2013 06:08 PM, Ward Vandewege wrote:
Yep, that's our system backup job. It started at 12:22 UTC and finished at
14:18 UTC, today.

The final . / on the command makes me wonder if it is some kind of
system backup.  Ward, could that be it?  And if so, could you please
adjust it to run with nice -19 :)?

In case it can help: address@hidden cvs updates www web pages
twice an hour; it has been logging the times since Feb 2012. since
~ Jan 2013 it experience long delays with a good consistency when
starting at 07:25 and 12:25 UTC (they are still there today).

A log is attached for the reference; the first column is Unix time
of start (in seconds); the second is time to cvs update (in seconds).