[Savannah-hackers-public] IPv6 DNS records for frontend.savannah.gnu.org

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] IPv6 DNS records for frontend.savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:51:20 -0700

  http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108704

The root cause is that the VMs have been assigned IPv6 addresses but
have not had IPv6 DNS set up for them.  This causes email from
savannah to be rejected by the remote hosts due to lack of a client
DNS record.  I don't think clients are being reasonable to expect
reverse dns but the report was for gmail.com.

In order to improve the situation there I have added an AAAA record
for frontend.savannah.gnu.org and I asked Lisa to add a PTR record for
the reverse DNS direction.

This may have some unintended effects.  For one I see that Nagios
isn't happen with the now possible IPv6 connection and reports that
frontend is down and offline.  It isn't.  I will debug that later, no
more time for the moment.  But just in case it does here is the
communication about it.

Bob