[Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 10:37:55 -0400

Hello Karl and all,

Recently the list of licenses where updated:
  sr #109134: Apache License 2.0 should be in the license list for new projects
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2016-09/msg00004.html

And you've mentioned you've changed the following file:
  frontend:/usr/src/savane/etc/site-specific-content/hashes.txt

Just now Benno alerted us that GNU Nano's license as appears on the website is
"unknown":
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2016-09/msg00006.html
and same for texinfo, findutils (and likely others).

Following the instructions here about changing licenses:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ChangingLicense/

I see that in the database the license for nano is "gplv3orlater",
but in the project's administation it is listed as "N/A":
  https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=1025

The updated 'hashes' file does contain 'gplv3orlater':
   # grep gplv3orlater /usr/src/savane/etc/site-specific-content/hashes.txt
   $LICENSE['gplv3orlater'] = 'GNU General Public License v3 or later';
   $LICENSE_URL['gplv3orlater'] = 'http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html';

Does this ring any bells?
If not, I'll be able to investigate further a bit later today.

regards,
 - assaf