Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 21:51:33 GMT

Assaf -

re  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109134
and https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109136

Yes, surely the newly "unknown" licenses are about my changing
hashes.txt as stated.  However, if I put back the old hashes.txt, they
stay unknown.  So that's highly unfortunate.

    Does this ring any bells?

My bells are silent, sorry.

I have noticed that there are generally at least two copies of savane
sources and data files on the hosts, one under /etc/savane and one under
/usr/src/savane.  It's never been clear to me why this is the case, or
which one is used in which circumstances; it's a fundanmentally bad
thing as far as I can see.  Anyway, I tried copying the "new" hashes.txt
from the /usr/src instance to /etc (on frontend), but it didn't help :(.

    If not, I'll be able to investigate further a bit later today.

That would be highly, highly, appreciated.
Sorry for the "surprise" work.  -k