Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] lists.gnu.org upgrade is planned for Monda

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] lists.gnu.org upgrade is planned for Monday June 3rd
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 16:32:23 -0400

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> writes:

>> This will affect all these mailman sites:
>> lists.gnu.org : lists.defectivebydesign.org : lists.endsoftpatents.org :
>> lists.libreplanet.org : lists.nongnu.org
>>
>> This should only result in about 5-10 minutes of downtime. Probably in
>> the early afternoon eastern time. I will announce it on
>> https://quitter.im/fsfstatus at least a few minutes beforehand. The main
>> change will be a small version increase for mailman, and a large version
>> upgrade for exim and apache.
>>
>> Exim will also start using and preferring ipv6. We disabled that
>> sometime in the last year, I can't remember but I think newer exim
>> should solve the issue. We use ipv6 on eggs already, so it should be ok.
>>
>> I'm sending some more details to savannah-hackers-private.
>
> Update: The upgrade is delayed probably until tomorrow afternoon. I hit
> a few bugs in our automation. I'm also delaying the ipv6 change until a
> later date.

Some more delays came up today and although I could upgrade today, its
too late in the day in case issues come up, so I will plan to upgrade at
1pm eastern time tomorrow.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF