Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] lists.gnu.org upgrade is planned for Monda

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] lists.gnu.org upgrade is planned for Monday June 3rd
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 18:02:01 -0400

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> writes:

>>> This will affect all these mailman sites:
>>> lists.gnu.org : lists.defectivebydesign.org : lists.endsoftpatents.org :
>>> lists.libreplanet.org : lists.nongnu.org
>>>
>>> This should only result in about 5-10 minutes of downtime. Probably in
>>> the early afternoon eastern time. I will announce it on
>>> https://quitter.im/fsfstatus at least a few minutes beforehand. The main
>>> change will be a small version increase for mailman, and a large version
>>> upgrade for exim and apache.
>>>
>>> Exim will also start using and preferring ipv6. We disabled that
>>> sometime in the last year, I can't remember but I think newer exim
>>> should solve the issue. We use ipv6 on eggs already, so it should be ok.
>>>
>>> I'm sending some more details to savannah-hackers-private.
>>
>> Update: The upgrade is delayed probably until tomorrow afternoon. I hit
>> a few bugs in our automation. I'm also delaying the ipv6 change until a
>> later date.
>
> Some more delays came up today and although I could upgrade today, its
> too late in the day in case issues come up, so I will plan to upgrade at
> 1pm eastern time tomorrow.

Welp. I feel a bit silly, but I ran into more issues in testing. I
solved them, except theres a slow rsync between the servers I'm working
on speeding up to minimize downtime. I'm hoping to sort that out this
evening and upgrade tomorrow.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF