Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project tops showing old files

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project tops showing old files
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:26:54 -0600

Hello Dale,

Thank you for making this report.

Dale Williamson wrote:
> Newest files for project tops are showing as 2 months old.
>
> Updates were made last week, so it appears the system has been restored
> from backup.
>
> What is the status of files less than 2 months old?

Of course it sends chills down my spine because this should not be
happening.  As announced to the savannah-users mailing list we did
just migrate from one server to another one but for that process cvs
services were disabled, the data was copied to the new server, then
cvs services were enabled.  The theory would go that all files would
have been transferred successfully.  There shouldn't have been a time
when any commits could go in that were not copied.  And indeed for my
testing all appeared to have happened normally.  So maybe it is
something that is related but is really something different?

You didn't say and so there is no way for us to know but for what
projects are you referring?  And is this source code or web pages?

Bob