Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Aim to be a real free software engineer

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Aim to be a real free software engineer
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 21:40:22 -0700

Aisuko LI wrote:
> My name is Aisuko and the real name is BowenLi, I'm a open-source software
> engineer. And I read a few blogs on GNU.org. And I believe that people
> should know the operator system name should be `GNU/Linux`, and I have to
> consider my motivation. Why do I want to be an open source projects
> contributor? and are modern open source projects really for freedom?

Hello Aisuko!  And thank you for contributing to Free Software! :-)

> So, I want to be a geek, although the way is difficult and boring. But I'm
> a really boring guy too.And I keep trying to find the lightweight operating
> systems.

Hmm...  I have been a geek all of my life.  But I have never
considered it boring.  And actually by contrast I know people that
would not be considered a geek and they often say they are bored.
They just don't know what to do with themselves.  Meanwhile I am
always busy.  Always something interesting to do.  I find it hard to
know how people can be bored?  There is always so much fun stuff to
do!

> About my experiences, I'm working on many open-source projects, including
> my Gihtub address.  https://github.com/Aisuko. I have little development
> experience on rancherOS(python, golang) due to my job, and am familiar with
> community management and project maintenance, remote collaboration is easy
> to me. And the development experiences much more on python, golang, C#,
> industry in Cloud-native like Docker,Kubernetes and Service-mesh.

\o/  Yay!  You aren't asking anything so I will just applaud you for
your contributions to the community.  We are stronger together.  The
total of all of us working together is what gives us this great
environment.

> Finally, I'm going back to the college school this year, and I'd like to
> write more articles to spread out  GNU/Linux and freedom software.

Good luck!

Bob