Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah-hackers mailing list created

From: Loic Dachary
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:06:54 +0100 (CET)

Guillaume Morin writes:
 > Dans un message du 14 fév à 14:06, Loic Dachary écrivait :
 > >  Please Guillaume explain on this list what you're planning to do,
 > > what you're working on, what problems need to be solved.
 >
 > Ok. So I am trying to migrate the current mailing lists system to the SF
 > savannah one. In details this means
 >
 > 1) Attach the current mailings lists to savannah.
 > That is not too much difficult. You just have to enter a row in the
 > database about the mailing lists. I am working on it. (more details at
 > the end of the message)

 When we talked about this I suggested to implement the following (more
or less):

   - user U is administrator of project P on Savannah
   - using the Savannah interface he (and only he) has an interface to
     ask that a Mailman mailing is bound to project U
   - when he asks for it the binding will only occur if the user U is
     able to provide the administration password for the mailing list

 This way there is no chance that a mailing list is "stolen" by a project.

 > 2) Plan and write a migration of lists handled by the aliases file.
 > So you have to migrate the memebers, and the archive to mailman and
 > attach it to savannah.

 This is going to be tough I guess.

 > 3) Modify SF scripts for the creation of new Mailing lists.

 All this sounds good to me.