[Savannah-hackers] Re: commonc++ integrated to http://savannah.gnu.org/p

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: commonc++ integrated to http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/commonc++/
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:25:06 +0100 (CET)

 > What I would like to do is consolidate these extra libraries in one place
 > along with Common C++ itself as a convenience to users.  I would like to do
 > seperate module checkins to cvs and perhaps distribute these as seperate
 > sub-packages in savannah under the Common C++ work area.  Please let me know
 > what you think about this and if this would be appropriate to do.  I have
 > also
 > considered consolidating at least some of these extra packages into Common
 > C++
 > itself and that might happen as well in some future release, at which point
 > there would be no question of their status as part of GNU.

 You can create modules under subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/commoncpp (it
currently only have one module named commoncpp). If these modules can be
considered as experimental or closely related to Common C++ and all under
GPL this won't be a problem at all. You can use the repository as a work
area for Common C++ related work, it's the intended purpose of Savannah &
subversions.

 Now if you want to distribute separate packages for those modules it's a
different matter and you need to discuss it with address@hidden in order
to make sure they fit in the GNU system.

   Cheers,