[Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS account for Martin Buchholz

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS account for Martin Buchholz
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:03:05 +0200

Martin Buchholz writes:
 > Hi.  I have a GNU account address@hidden
 >
 > I would like to become a Savannah user, but...
 >
 > My user name "martin" is already taken by someone else (Martin
 > Baulig), even though GNU user names are supposed to be reserved for
 > their GNU account owners.

        This user was created just before I added the safeguard that
checked the GNU aliases file in addition to the Kerberos accounts.
You are the victim of this mistake I did and I apologize for this.
So far you're the only victim but that does not help you much :-}

 > I was also not able to get "mrb" since that is an existing alias.
 > But it's an existing alias for _me_ (as is "martin")!

        The fact that you were not able to take mrb is a proof that
the safeguard works, which is a good thing. Please create yourself
an account mrb2 on savannah. When done send me an email and I'll do
a s/mrb2/mrb/ by hand. I would have liked to find a more automated way
but could not imagine any that is secure enough.

        Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience,