Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Java pages: project on savannah

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Java pages: project on savannah
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 05:50:17 -0600 (MDT)

            I realized afterward that I overreacted because of one
    statement.  I always feared that the www.gnu.org project
    subdivision on Savannah could be misunderstood and was a bit
    shocked to see that www group had 28 members.

            My apologies and thanks for the update.

I think it would be nice if we could specify that translators for
language FOO only have write access to the translations into language
FOO.

Perhaps this is not too hard.  For each language FOO, all the
translations for language FOO could be put into a separate project
specifically for those translations.

As far as I know, the package maintainers only maintain the English
versions of their pages.  The only people who need write access to any
translations are the people who translate into that language (and the
general webmasters).

This way, translators would not have to be in the www group.