[Savannah-hackers] mailing creation via savannah

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] mailing creation via savannah
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:06:25 +0200

As you might know the SourceForge interface allows to request the
creation of mailing lists related to a project. This feature is not
currently implemented on savannah but I am working on it and I hope to
finish soon.

The process will be a cron job running on fencepost. This script will
retrieve information from savannah and create the new mailing lists.
For that, it will need to modifiy the /com/mailer/aliases file. This
situation will create some locking issues because afaict this file is
often modifidied. Therefore, I propose to use a special aliases file for
that purpose. This will solve the locking issue because only this script
will be supposed to modify it. It is simple to implement, it only
requires to add a director in exim.com, I can do that. At this moment, I
have not yet thought where this file should reside. If you know, please
tell me.

Any comments are welcome.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                       Sauvez un arbre, mangez un castor