[Savannah-hackers] Re: new machine france.fsfeurope.org (aka fr.fsf.org)

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: new machine france.fsfeurope.org (aka fr.fsf.org)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:21:51 +0200

Joel N. Weber II writes:

 [ I shrinked the cc: ]

 > As far as mail goes, I do think that for software development
 > projects, we should always host the lists on fencepost in the gnu.org
 > domain, regardless of which country the project originates in.
 > However, if there are mailing lists that will be primarily of interest
 > to the europeans, I don't see anything that would be wrong with having
 > them appear in the fsfeurope.org domain.  We could still have those
 > lists handled by fencepost if people want; it's not too difficult to
 > configure fencepost to have aliases files for multiple domains (note
 > that one also needs to adjust the mailer config on delysid when doing
 > this), and I can do this if people want.

        Guillaume is doing some automatic mailing list handling from
Savannah. The freesoftware.fsf.org domain will be on fencepost tool
(long thread about this in the archives). fencepost will have to handle
multi domain and therefore can also handle some fsfeurope.org lists.

        Handling the lists on fencepost is a big win since :

        1) Admin is automated by Savannah
        2) The mailman installation is taken care of already we don't
           have to maintain a new one
        3) The machine is taken care of by system-hackers

        I think it would be a waste of time to maintain a mailman installation
elsewhere.

        Does it make sense ?