[Savannah-hackers] log_accum mailing problem solved?

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] log_accum mailing problem solved?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 01:03:42 +0100

I have just made some changes to the last version of log_accum committed by
Guillaume:
 - I removed the "From:" field from the email message.
 - Replaced -f by -F in the call to sendmail.
 - Made teh variable $mailname equal to the email address extracted from the
   gecos field in the password file.
 - Removed the code that read $mailname from /etc/aliases

I believe that it now works fine, since exim has been configured to use the
real email addresses from /etc/email-addresses.

An issue still remains: the "From:" field will be written by exim with the
information taken from /etc/email-addresses, while the "Return" address is
taken from the gecos field of the password file. We should make sure that both
the password file and the email-addresses file are kept up-to-date and
consistent by Savannah. Otherwise I could obtain the "Return" addresses from
the same file used by exim (email-addresses).

If anyone notices any sendmail errors still remaining, please let me know.

Cheers,
Jaime